We utilize group email lists to communicate. When you registered with the Sharks Masters, you were added to two separate email lists:
- sysm-admin AT sharks masters DOT org (for administrative use by coaches and support team members for team business and practice announcements only) If you hit REPLY ALL to an admin message, it will NOT be distributed. Just use “REPLY” to reply to the coach or administrator who sent the email.
- sharks AT sharks masters DOT org (for general and social use by any team member in accordance with the below). If you wish to “reply all” to an email send by an administrator, after you hit “reply all,” change the email address to this one. The message you are replying to everyone about is intact, and your message will get distributed.
Email List Policy
Connecting with your teammates is great, let’s just be courteous and use common sense when using a mass email list. Keeping this in mind:
- Use discretion; when you hit “reply all,” your message goes to nearly 300 people. Use “reply” if you want to contact the original sender.
- Not everyone knows everyone else, so inside jokes are lost on the majority.
- You may reach out to your teammates for something not directly related to swimming, but only if it is for a not-for-profit. Keep it brief and infrequent, especially if you are asking for volunteers, donations, etc.
- If you sell a product or service for a living, the message board is NOT a marketing tool for you. We have created a special Marketplace page on our website for you to list your business and contact information. This allows us to take advantage of our networking potential without emails going to the entire group.
- If you prefer not to receive emails from your teammates, you can email the webmaster and ask to be removed from the general email list. Please note you will still receive administrative announcements from coaches and admins.